today’s world, all of us are connected through various means of communication. The information ranging from weather reports, crime, or knowing your favorite celebrities is delivered to us by journalists and mass media. Media has become an inseparable part of our lives. Every day, we expose ourselves to various kinds of elements from media. Just like the omnipresence of media, its scope is incredible with endless career opportunities. The best way to excel in this field is to pursue a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. With a master’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication, one can find a job in fields like Content Writing, Public Relations, Event Management, Advertising, Film Industry, Photography, and many more.
You can find detailed information about a few careers in this article.
- Content Writer: The growing consumption of content has increased the demand for content writers. Be it blogs for a website or a post that you see on Instagram, they are written by content writers. If you have effective writing skills, you can turn them into a good career. Being a content writer with a Master’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication gives you the opportunity to work in media houses, digital marketing agencies, advertising agencies, and other leading organizations.
- Event Manager: For those who love planning, organizing, and managing events, the field of event management is an excellent choice. This field is expanding, budding with fresher and better career opportunities every day. While getting your degree, you can acquire various skills and learn the diverse aspects of planning and it will help you become a good and successful event manager.
- Public Relations Professional: An MAJMC degree equips you with excellent communication skills, negotiation, interpersonal, and management skills, and all of them are best suited for jobs related to Public Relations. With the growing awareness in organizations to maintain a good image of their brand, the demand for PR has grown exponentially and all the leading organizations are looking for individuals who can effectively represent their brand and build a strong network and connections in the market.
- Television and Film Director/Producer: The post-pandemic era has increased the consumption of media and has created a rising demand for creative producers and directors in the entertainment sector. Those who have the skill to entertain people through films or television shows can explore this field. The scope in this field is not only limited to being producers or directors but, with a MAJMC, you can also be fit for profiles like scriptwriters, video editors, graphics designers, etc.
- Digital Marketing Expert: Today, during the pandemic everything is being digitalized, and therefore the field of Digital Marketing has been very fertile for people with a MAJMC degree. Being an emerging field, you get to experience diverse areas like SEO, Content Writing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, etc. People in this field will have a flourishing career ahead because Digital Marketing will keep on growing with time.
There are a lot of other career options like Radio Jockey, Sound Engineer, TV Correspondent, Art Director, Screenwriter, etc., that one can work in. The field of mass communication worldwide is progressing at a very fast speed and if you want the field of mass communication can lead to an extremely lucrative career and guarantee potential growth.